top of page

Rural Municipality of Vanscoy

Resident Resources
& Services


Please check regularly to see if restrictions have changed by visiting this page or the provincial website

If you are hauling within the RM of Vanscoy you may need an overweight permit.

We have one heavy haul road, Range Road 3072 from Highway 14 - Highway 7.

We have two Primary Weight Roads portion of Range Road 3081 identified as "Prairie Lane Road" North Bound from Highway #7, and identified as "Young Road" South Bound from Highway #14,

Located North from Highway #7 West of Sections 02, 11, 14, 23, 26, 35  -35-08 W3,

West of Sections 02, 11, 14, 23, 26 -36-08 W3 to Highway #14 and portion of Range Road 3084 known as "Lynne Road"

located North from Highway No. 14 West of Section 32-36-08 W3 to the RM of Corman Park No. 344 Boundary.

All other roads within the RM are either secondary or 10 tonne rated.


If your load is overweight, please contact RoaData services at 1-844-232-7275 or

They are open Monday - Sunday 6:00 am to 8:00 pm with after-hours available upon request.

Information: Weight Restriction Bylaws

Dust Control

Dust Control Policy

The municipality does not provide dust control service for rate payers.

Application for Dust Control Approval

 The RM understands that due to traffic dust generation ratepayers may want to apply their own dust control at their own cost.  If a ratepayer would like to apply dust control to any section of the RM roadways an application, provided by the RM, must be submitted to the Superintendent of Public Works approving the application of calcium chloride. If additional applications of calcium chloride are desired a second application will be required to be submitted.


 The typical application of dust control will cover 200 meters of roadway adjacent to the ratepayer’s yard.  The ratepayer is responsible for clearly marking the area with stakes and ribbon/flagging that can be easily seen.  A residence that is more than 60 meters from the center of the road allowance the RM will not approve the application of dust control.


Blading Dust Control

 Sites treated with dust control may become rough or may tend to develop potholes. If a road reaches a state where the condition of the driving surface poses a danger to the travelling public, the RM will grade the road which may render the dust control ineffective.   

Transfer Station

Grandora Hours:
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Wednesday: 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Wednesday (May 1 - Aug 31): 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Grandora Location:

Between RR 3075 & RR 3080

near railroad tracks

Pike Lake Hours:
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Tuesday: 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Pike Lake Location:

TWP Rd 342 just off Hwy 60

Gate on the left side after turning right at St. Martin’s road to Delisle

Transfer Stations: Respectful Service with Low Fees 


Transfer stations are crucial for waste management, and the attendants deserve respect for their essential role. These stations focus on providing efficient waste transfer as a service, not burdening users with high fees. With minimal charges, they ensure accessibility for all, encouraging community involvement and responsible waste disposal. In essence, transfer stations, by respecting attendants and offering affordable services, play a key role in modern waste management for a cleaner and sustainable future. 

Transfer Stations: Weather

As per direction of Council, for the health and safety of our attendants, the waste transfer facilities may be closed on days where temperatures reach extreme cold or hot conditions. In winter, anything colder than minus -39 degrees Celsius with the windchill the transfer site will be closed. 
This provision is at the discretion of the attendant and is supported by Council.

Saskatoon Regional Waste Management Centre

Click here to learn more

The Material Recovery Centre (MRC) is designed to be a one-stop facility that functions to provide easy, efficient, and cost-effective waste diversion and landfill transfer. As part of the Saskatoon Regional Waste Management Centre, the MRC will improve the City’s waste diversion rate with more materials being diverted from the landfill, getting us one step closer to our goal of 70% diversion

The Material Recovery Centre and landfill hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. year-round, with the only closures on December 25 and January 1.

Location: 42 Valley Road, Saskatoon


Pest and Weed Control

ROZOL is now available for Purchase please contact Herman Michael @ (306) 222-4098

Gopher Control Program 



Download the claim form here

The purpose of the Gopher control Program is to provide financial assistance to rural municipalities to control ground squirrels (Richardson’s, Franklin’s, thirteen-lined and the Northern pocket gopher) populations.

The funding will provide a cost-shared payment to RMs, producers and other applicants that are active in their gopher control efforts and who follow the minimum level of service determined by the 2024-2025 Gopher Control Program.

Program funding will be prorated among all eligible claimants to a maximum of 50% paid for pest control product registered for use on gophers and up to $125 per raptor platform; but not exceeding 50% of total expenses reported for the claim.

The program will rebate:
   • Up to 50% of registered gopher control product expenses (less any taxes with verified invoices);
   • As part of a non–chemical means to increase predation in the vicinity of gopher infestations, the use of raptor platforms and nest boxes are eligible for:
       o Raptor platform materials installed this program at 50% of eligible cost (less any taxes with verified invoices) to a maximum rebate of $125.

The following minimum level of service is required to be considered for the Gopher Control Program rebate:
   • Copies of invoices for all expenses claimed must be included. Taxes are not eligible for rebate.

All claims must be provided to the RM office to forward on to SARM. Eligible rebate payments for applicants will flow back through the RM office they were claimed through.

Raptor platforms and nest boxes used near gopher colonies offer a cost-effective, long-term, sustainable management approach to increase predation where suitable nesting sites may be limited in the vicinity of gopher infestations.

   • RMs or other applicants claiming for the purchase of materials for each raptor platform and nest box installed in the program year must include validating invoices with the claim form.
   • Legal land descriptions or GPS coordinates to three digits must be provided for:
          o Agricultural locations where each raptor platform and nest box being claimed for is installed.
For more information regarding the Gopher Control Program please, contact the Pest Control Officer or Plant Health Technical Advisor listed below.

Download the claim form here

Claim forms can be emailed to the RM office at

Plant Health Technical Advisor: Chelsea Neuberger, AAg, 306-380-4526, 

Invasive Plant Control Program

Under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) agreement, the Federal and Provincial governments have committed to invest $3.15 million in the Pest Biosecurity Program. SARM will continue to deliver this program until March 31, 2023 based on a 50:50 cost share. The RM is part of the CAP-IPCP Invasive Plant Control Program. The program will provide a cost shared rebate of 50:50 with the landowner and RM's to provide financial assistance to undertake and coordinate the control of Prohibited Weeds as well as specific Noxious Weeds that are persistent and problematic invasive plants.

The funding will provide rebates of no more than 50% of approved costs:

  • 50% of the cost of pre-approved eligible herbicides; and

  • 50% of the cost of application of those pre-approved eligible herbicides.

For noxious weeds approved under the current program (absinthe, filed bindweed, common burdock, bladder campion, ox-eye daisy, black henbane, hoary cress, hoary alyssum, leafy spurge, Russian knapwood, yellow toadflax, common tansy, wild parsnip and scentless chamomile* (with restrictions-see schedule A SARM website) and white cockle.

  • Up to 50% of the cost pre-approved eligible herbicides.

The municipality appoints a Weed Inspector each year to be proactive about the spread of invasive weeds. The Weed Inspector is responsible for identifying invasive weeds based on the concept of Early Detection and Rapid Response (EDRR). The municipality contracts a licensed applicator for application of herbicides on specific species of noxious weeds under the Noxious Weed Act. For more information regarding the Invasive Plant Control Program please contact the Municipal Office.

Weed Inspector: Herman Michael 306-222-4098

Licensed Applicator: Phil's Lawn Service 306-361-6860

Non-Potable Water Station

New Water Keys are available at the Office and the lock has now been changed

Please be reminded that your water service from SaskWater is non-potable and as per the Precautionary Drinking Water Advisory (PDWA) issued by the Saskatchewan Water Security Agency, the water should not be used for drinking, preparation of food or oral hygiene. The non-potable water supplied presents potential health risks without first being properly treated and is intended for irrigation and/or stock watering purposes only.

SaskWater is required by the Saskatchewan Water Security Agency to regularly sample the non-potable water supplied to its SANPWD customers from the South Saskatchewan River. It is important to note that these non-potable water samples have consistently shown significant levels of numerous pathogens, some of which include E-Coli and coliforms. SaskWater SANPWS customers are reminded to continue to ensure that this untreated water is not accidentally consumed by humans.

Water Key Rates
Water Key per year 2024
Residential Rate $100.00
Agricultural/Commercial Rate $500.00

New Water Keys are available at the Office and the lock has now been changed

If you have any questions regarding your non-potable supply from SaskWater, please contact SaskWater's Customer Service at 1-888-230-1111.

Controlled Burns


Phone 1-866-404-4911. This number is monitored 24/7, every day of the year.

To avoid costly and unnecessary Fire Department call outs.

Questions you will be asked:

  • What is your land location?

  • What is your RM Number?

  • Who is your Fire Service Provider?

  • What are the location details?

  • What are you burning?

  • How long will the burn last?

  • What is your name and phone number?

You will be asked to call back once the burn is completed

Snow & Water

Snow Clearing

Please don't push snow across the road to the opposite ditch. This can create an accident due to blocked visibility. When the snow gets hard it can do damage to the graders as well as a vehicle hitting the snow if the vehicle should leave the road. If the R.M. has to remove the snow, individuals responsible will be billed for all expenses incurred.


Pumping Water

Please be aware that a permit is required from the Saskatchewan Watershed Authority when pumping water off your property.


Prairie Watershed Climate Program


(On-Farm Climate Action Fund)

Support for this project has been provided by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) through the Agricultural Climate Solutions - On-Farm Climate Action Fund (OFCAF). OFCAF is an initiative designed to assist producers address climate change. For full details, download the documents below:


Annette Smith
Lead Agri-Environmental Watershed Coordinator

Hail Insurance

  • DID YOU KNOW that Municipal Hail Insurance (MHI) has been providing affordable and continuous coverage to land owners for over 100 years; and

  • DID YOU KNOW that our mission is to reduce the business risk for farmers by providing crop hail and fire insurance coverage at cost while providing timely loss assessments, insurance on credit and we use technology to provide the highest level of customer service in the industry: and

  • DID YOU KNOW that MHI is operated by farmers for farmers and surplus funds from light claim years are used to subsidise rates in future years and to pay losses in heavy claim years; and

  • DID YOU KNOW that our board of directors is comprised of producers who are elected by delegates appointed by Rural Municipalities; and

  • DID YOU KNOW that SMHI is the only crop hail insurer that offers prompt payment discounts and deferred payment interest free to December 31st; and

  • DID YOU KNOW that MHI was the first company to automate the loss adjustment process; and

  • DID YOU KNOW that we have improved our claim response time and have strategically placed adjustment teams; and

  • DID YOU KNOW that we have industry leading claim review practices; and

  • DID YOU KNOW that MH has paid back in losses over 79 cents of every dollar collected in premiums; and

  • DID YOU KNOW that you can also purchase coverage on crops not insured with SMHI and top up coverage up to $500 per acre with ADDITIONAL MUNICIPAL HAIL INSURANCE and a limit above $500 maybe written subject to head office approval; and

  • DID YOU KNOW that you can file your SMHI crop report online; and

  • DID YOU KNOW that we have the team and resources in place to continuously take care of your Crop Hail Insurance needs now and into the future; and

  • DID YOU KNOW that you can contact Leanne Mack at 306-668-2060 or Head office at 1-877-414-7644, or visit us online at for more information.

Storms are unpredictable. We aren't.


The RM of Vanscoy offers both SMHI AMHI insurance.

Please call the office at 306-668-2060 or by email to have your insurance needs taken care of.


Important Dates


June 15 - Last day to file crop reports for SMHI
June 30 - Last day for new applicants to apply for coverage with SMHI
August 1 - Last day to apply for coverage with AMHI or PMHI
October 31 - Last day of hail & fire coverage
April 30 - Last day to apply for crop exemption

SMHI Discount Rates
To reward prompt payments, SMHI offers the following discounts:
Discount (Paid By):
5% September 30
4% October 31
2% November 30
No penalty December 31

Rate Guide
You can download our latest rate guide here: 2024 Rate Guide

Scholarship Form
Municipal Hail is proud to support the next generation of smart minds through our Municipal Hail Insurance Scholarships. Submit a completed application form accompanied by a copy of your most recent transcripts and proof of enrollment in a Saskatchewan university or technical institute by mail to:

Municipal Hail Insurance
2100 Cornwall Street
Regina, SK S4P 2K7

or by email to:
Successful applicants will be notified by July 31st.

Wildrose Cemetery

Notary & Commisioner of Oaths

A Notary is duly authorized to administer oaths, receive affidavits, affirmations, and declarations, and can additionally produce notarial copies for official purposes.

Conversely, a Commissioner of Oaths is vested with the authority to administer and witness oaths or solemn affirmations pertinent to legal affidavits. Commissioners can witness declarations but cannot certify the truth of statements within a document.

For authentication via the signature of a Commissioner of Oaths or the stamp of a Notary , one must be physically present before the respective authority. The presentation of photo identification to confirm identity is required.


The RM does not charge for signatures or stamps on documents.

To make an appointment, please contact the office at 306-668-2060 or

bottom of page